Friday, April 6, 2012

Let the Grandparents Take’em


As I’m sure many of you are like me and have been spending real quality time your adoring families - thanks to good ol’ spring break, this year my husband and I decided to let the grandparents get in on the family fun. After sending my rambunctious trio out of town to visit my husband’s parents for the week, you would think I would have had a quiet house to myself. No kids, no mess, no fighting or whining, well you thought wrong.

I can tell you not one day went by this week that either one of my kids called to complain about the other or one of the grandparents called to ask a question. Yes the millions of questions that in-laws can drill you on about how you raise your children, because they know best right? Just look at my husband – the biggest kid of them all!       

Let’s start at the beginning of the week. We sent the kids on a charter bus to visit my in-laws Sunday night and everything seemed fine until 2 hours later that night. Yes the kids couldn’t get 2 hours away before an incident occurred. While on the charter bus my oldest Isabel, decided to take her phone with her to the bathroom of the moving charter bus and as luck would have it she dropped her phone right into the non-flush toilet on the bus. Mixed in with god knows what in the toilet was her phone. Yup, the bus driver fished it out and dropped it into a grocery bag for her to bring on home back to me.

Besides the constant phone calls, it was smooth sailing up until yesterday afternoon, which prompted me to share this story today. So of course there’s a tree house in this story. What good is story without a tree house? My boys, my boys, my boys…Max and Jake, oh I how adore their willingness to be so adventurous. The two were playing up in the tree house and of they were doing what little boys do. They decided to see who could jump the farthest from the tree house to ground. I’m sure you know where this is headed. Yesterday, I received the call that Jake jumped down and jumped down hard. Let’s just say he’ll now have a cast for a few weeks on his wrist.

All of this commotion in the matter of one week…I love spring break. Well my pride and joys will be boarding the bus this evening and will be returning to school on Monday. One with a stinky broken phone, one with a broken arm, and a huge bag of clothes for me wash. Oh joy. Got to love motherhood!        

No comments:

Post a Comment